K94, PO Box 3418, Camarillo CA, 93011
First, I’d like to introduce you to BetterInvesting: a unique organization that has helped over five million individual investors meet their financial goals. Founded over 60 years ago, BetterInvesting is a community, where people like you share their experiences and knowledge to become better, more informed investors. We’re a non-profit organization, so you’ll find our resources and products offer you remarkable value at very low cost. We’re volunteer-based, with investors just like you contributing experience and insight to the organization. We’re member-driven, meaning that all the tools and resources we provide are tailored to the needs of individual investors just like you. BetterInvesting charges no commissions, because we don’t sell or recommend any stocks or mutual funds. We do, however, provide a wealth of resources to guide and assist you on your path to greater financial security.
You may want to learn more about investing and our organization by registering for Open House (www.betterinvesting.org/openhouse) This program allows you to attend some of our online educational programs, use our online stock analysis tools and other investment education resources at no cost or obligation.
Channel Islands Chapter serves Ventura, Santa Barbara counties, parts of L.A. County, Kern, Tulare and San Luis Obispo Counties.
Chapter Members: We come from all walks of life: accountant, engineer, educator, project manager, small business owner. Membership of less than 1 year to 40 years,
We believe in the 4 BetterInvesting principles:
- Invest regularly
- Re-invest all dividends and earnings
- Choose growth companies growing faster than the economy
- Diversify across industries
Our Model Club MICCI
Membership in MICCI
* Every member must be active in the Channel Islands Chapter.
* Every member must contribute at the majority of meetings held each year
* Every member will present a stock study at least once per year and be prepared to report on the stocks assigned each month.
* Every member must contribute at least $30.00 per month toward the investment portfolio.
* Basic NAIC/BetterInvesting Guidelines are upheld.
* Always do a stock study using the SSG (Stock Selection Guide) before buying or selling and at the annual review in August.
* The Channel Islands Chapter equipment (screen, projector and computer) are used at each meeting as a teaching and communications tool.
* Guests are welcome, except at the annual review, to see how a real club operates.
* When making any major changes, buy, sell, or other major decisions; the president will conduct a secret ballot. A quorum must be present for a vote to be legal.
* A suggested "Strategies for Investing" and bylaws and standing rules are in place at all times and reviewed and changed when needed.
* Each year an IRS and state income tax filing is performed and each members receives a K-1 Form designating their share during the year of deductions, income and other requirements by law.
* MICCI maintains a brokerage account to trade securities and these securities reside there.
* Online club accounting is where the club members can access the records of their club 24/7 to access reports, trades posting history.
Past Channel Islands Chapter (CIC) Presidents, Haverty, Jashni and Cole celebrating with Henry Dubroff, Publisher, Pacific Coast Business Times
Jeanette Casserly, Our Hostess and Registrar
2013 Recipient of O'Hara National Award for valued service to our members for the long haul.
Learning Events Near You: