Local events and classes are sponsored by the D.C. Regional Chapter of BetterInvesting (formerly NAIC), and are the result of the efforts of a dedicated group of local volunteers who give freely of their time and knowledge.
Benefits of Volunteering --
- Get classes offered by D.C. Regional Chapter at no or low cost.
- Get S&P Stock Data Service and Mutual Fund Service free from BetterInvesting
- Subscription from Barron's free
- Learn more about investing and the BetterInvesting methods from expert national directors.
- Associate with other enthusiastic people interested in investing the BetterInvesting way.
- Help others in your community learn more about investing.
- Learn new information to take back to your club or your personal investing.
Volunteers assist the Chapter with a wide variety of functions, including the following:
For additional information contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Phyllis Woodring at email@example.com.
- Publicity - write or arrange press releases or advertisements in local newspapers, community education brochures, etc.
- Facilities - find and book facilities to hold chapter events
- Teachers - good knowledge of the BetterInvesting tools and some teaching experience.
- Membership & club services - visit new and existing clubs (club calls)
- Event registration
- Planning and/or staffing events
- Desktop publishing - flyers, newsletters and postcards.
- Audio-visual equipment setup
- E-mail list administration
- Web page administration
- Developing youth investing programs
- Hospitality - organize refreshments at chapter events
- Supplies - sell BetterInvesting products at chapter events
- Librarian - catalog and track chapter-owned education materials
- Class monitor/assistant - help answer individual questions at chapter classes.
- Presentation creator - create Powerpoint presentation for various classes.
We offer new volunteer training sessions several times throughout the year. Come join the fun and help teach others about BetterInvesting .
Learning Events Near You: