Local events are sponsored by the Orange County Chapter of BetterInvesting, which are the result of the efforts of a small, dedicated group of volunteers who give freely of their time and knowledge. We need more volunteers to keep up with our growth. Then we can offer more of the classes you may want and that we would like to offer.
We need volunteers to assist the Chapter with some of the following functions:
Finally, we need teachers for our classes. Please consider being a volunteer instructor, if you have a good knowledge of the BetterInvesting tools.
- Event registration
- Plan and staff events
- Publicity - arrange advertisements in local newspapers, community education brochures, etc.
- Desktop publishing - flyers, newsletters and postcards.
- Audio-visual equipment setup
- E-mail list administration
- Web page administration
- Develop youth investing programs
- Hospitality - organize refreshments at chapter events
- Facilities - find and book facilities to hold chapter events
- Supplies - sell BetterInvesting products at chapter events
- Librarian -catalog and track chapter-owned materials.
- Class monitor - help answer individual questions at chapter classes.
- Presentation creator - create Powerpoint presentation for various classes.
For additional information, contact Linda Blay at (714) 973-7613 (option #2) or E-mail: Linda Blay or visit our chapter Board meeting.
New volunteer training sessions for BetterInvesting will be offered several times throughout the year. Come join the fun and help teach others about BetterInvesting and how to be better investors.
Learning Events Near You: